Thursday, March 7, 2019

It's Almost Time, Chagrin Falls!

Meet Richard Berube of Captured Moments….
I am Richard Berube and I have lived in the Alliance, Ohio area since 1991 on a piece of property that my wife of 37 years has affectionately named “Green Acres.”  It’s the place to be! I have experimented with several art projects over the last couple of years due to becoming disabled. This will be my first show and certainly, I hope that it will not be my last as I grow in my technique and abilities as an artist.

I have found that wire and paper sculpture is one of my favorite creative projects because in this age of digital technology, we sometimes take for granted the moments in our lives that are captured and kept in a file or in a box somewhere. It is the simple things in life that we truly need to remember and cherish. I hope that at least one piece in my collection touches someone and brings back a “moment” in their lives and “captures” it forever. 

Meet Sandy “Shoe” of JakeWear…
I am an illustrator creating artwork for Cleveland and Cleveland's history and nostalgia. I am writing and illustrating a book about the same, as well.  I have won multiple art awards and continue to raise money for charity by playing guitar, singing or selling t-shirts. I have been in the graphic design business for 40 years, with 25 of those making t-shirts and I have participated in a few Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows in the past. My inspiration comes naturally. I work 24/7, diligently committed to help others and fulfill the lifetime passions inside myself like books, cutting a music CD, and using well the talents God has given me.
A sign at Valley Forge High School in 1999 got me into this work. I thought a millennium shirt design would sell, and it did wonderfully. I have never stopped doing shows at that point. I discovered my talent crayoning my mother's walls at three years old. Since then, my creative process has become very detailed. In five years, I hope to retire. I have had 2 back surgeries and carrying boxes filled with shirts on a daily basis, and setting up HUGE show displays hurts horribly! I have been teaching and may teach more. My work if for The Great Lakes Region, Cleveland, and its history!


Meet Amanda and John Lambert of Lamb Baked Goods…
We are a husband and wife team. Amanda handles most of the baking while John handles bookkeeping and homeschooling our two kids. He also helps in the kitchen as needed. Amanda has been selling baked goods out of our home since 2012 but has been baking most of her life. Chagrin Falls will be our second Avant-Garde show and we're looking forward too many more.
Amanda gets her inspiration from whatever she sees around her and whatever others ask her to create. She got into baking for 4H at around age 8, where she realized that she could put artistic expression into her foods and has continued to refine it from that. In 2012, she started selling her goods at garage sales and it has continued to grow since then.

Amanda scours Pinterest a lot for ideas that she can make into her own. She sometimes received requests for certain things and tries to make the vision of the customer come to life. Our five-year goal is to continue full time with craft shows, growing nearer to Jesus and shining Him to everyone we encounter at shows. Our primary message is John 6:35: "Jesus said, 'I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will not hunger, and he who believes in me will never thirst.'" A secondary message is Psalm 34:8a: "Taste and see that the Lord is good."


Meet Jacquelynn Pecon of Babies Comfort Design by Jackie Pecon…
I’m an Eastlake resident of 12 years and find the Lake County area very nice.  It has a lot to offer. I’m a mom and a grandma that loves her grandkids. Other grandparents play with their grandkids and send them home. I want to keep them. I work fulltime and enjoy sewing on my off hours. I’m very busy with weekend craft shows and my Facebook page featuring all the items I make.

I have been sewing for a very long time. On occasions of someone getting married, having a baby, or even getting sick, I would make a quilt, baby blanket or a throw blanket. It always brought a smile to their face and they knew that someone cared enough to take the time to make something so lovely out of love. A few years ago my daughter had her own daughter, and the question was raised, “What can she wear to keep her warm and safe in the car?” Much concern has been raised recently that small children cannot wear coats in car seats because it has been found to be unsafe. The coat adds bulk and studies have found that the child can slip out of the car seat restraints upon impact. So, I got to thinking, did some research, and that’s when I started making Car Seat Ponchos.  All the car seat belts go under the Car Seat Poncho so the child can be securely restrained. I also started making Car Seat Covers. Car Seat Covers provide the child with privacy and also protect them from the elements.
I love going into a fabric store and seeing all the different colors and textures of fabric. Sometimes I spend too much time in there because I need to make sure what material I purchase is what my customer, family or friends would want. When I start to create something new I open a word document and I start laying out a quilt or a slumber sleep pad. There is a lot of doodling before I start creating.
This will be my first Avant-Garde Show and I’m looking forward to it. I have only been making Car Seat Ponchos and Car Seat Covers for a year and a half so I’m still pretty new at craft showsThe message behind my work would be, it does not matter if it’s a Car Seat Poncho, Car Seat Cover, Blanket, Hat, Flowered Headband or even a bib. A lot of joy and love was added into each item I make. These items will make your baby or toddler warm, safe, and protect their clothes. They will feel the love with each item!

                                                 
2019 Chagrin Falls Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, March 9, 2019
Sunday, March 10, 2019
10:00am-5:00pm on Saturday 
 11:00am-5:00pm on Sunday
Federated Church- Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Road
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment