Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Meet the Chagrin Falls Crafters!

Meet Sharon Martyn from Pane in the Glass...
My name is Sharon Martyn and I have been working with stained glass for over 20 years. In the Old Brooklyn neighborhood of Cleveland, where I live, I have designed new, and restored and reparied, stained glass windows for many of the lovely old historic homes in the area.
In 2012 I began designing and creating one of a kind glass ornaments and sun catchers from the left over glass from my window projects. I gave them as gifts to friends and family, which led to numerous requests for custom ornaments and decorative glass pieces. 
By incorporating wire, beads, charms, and other found items, I bring a new dimension to my stained glass projects. I continue to create new designs, add new themes, and dream up new collections. I am always excited to find new ways to upcycle glass and other objects into her pieces. All of my pieces are one of a kind and hand crafted.

Meet Colleen Prenosil from Prenosils Pretties...
My name is Colleen and I am married and have one son. I work part-time as a floral designer at Countryside Florist and stay home with my son the rest of the time. I love working with my hands to create something that wasn't there before. Any free time I have is dedicated to making jewelry or working on some form of art project. This will be my first Avant-Garde show!
I started making jewelry when I was about 10 years old. I have always loved working with my hands. Since I was a kid I have always been into some kind of art or craft. I started using wire in my jewelry when I was about 13 years old. Over the years, I just tried different types of wire and found my favorites.
Inspiration comes from the unique pieces I find. I love finding a little something special to include in my work. I just let the beads and wire do the talking. I keep everything out in the open in my office and wait until a color combination pops out at me. Then the work begins! My goal is to make something unique for everyone!

Meet Amy Szabo from Infinity Concepts
I'm Amy, the creator of Infinity Concepts, and this will be my first time participating in an Avant-Garde show! I've always been a crafty person, but I started seriously crafting when I opened my Etsy shop almost two years ago.
My creative passion comes from my grandparents. Both of my grandparents had many creative hobbies and they passed them on to me at a young age, which is what inspired me. My grandmother taught me how to se and my grandfather taught me carpentry skills. Now I make a variety of items, including home decor, make-up bags, baby blankets, tables, and more!
I put a lot of time into what I create. Most importantly, I have fun while doing it! It has always been my dream to open up a boutique shop, which is where I would love to be in five years with my crafting business. I hope to continue learning and creating for many years to come!
2016 Chagrin Falls Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday & Sunday, March 19th and 20th, 2016
Saturday - 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Federated Church Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment