Thursday, March 17, 2016

Creative Craftiness in Chagrin Falls

Meet Christine Rarric from The Ornate Door...
My name is Chris Rarric and I am a stay at home mom raising my two children. I started making and selling wreaths in May of 2015, which is when I opened my Etsy shop, The Ornate Door. This will be my first Avant-Garde show!
I got into the craft hobby at an early age, with my mom playing a big part. She has crocheted for many years, so I started crafting by doing cross stitch. As I got older, I started adding my own touch to pre-made wreaths I bought at craft stores. Eventually, my husband suggested I start making my own and selling them. After researching different techniques on making deco mesh and burlap wreaths and beginning to make them, my creative thinking started moving forward.
I would describe my creative process as just a matter of thinking about what customers would be interested in or what people might like for themselves. Seasons and special events have inspired me to create. I've also turned to websites like Pinterest and Etsy to research different techniques, styles, and ways to incorporate my personal touch. Walking the aisles of craft stores has also given me inspiration, especially the ribbon aisle!
In five years, I hope to still be selling my wreaths. I really enjoy making them and love having a creative outlet! The message behind my work is that you are purchasing a quality, handmade wreath. A great wreath can be the focal point to any home decor or front door, and I enjoy knowing I can add something special to someone's home.

Meet Connie Adams from Watercolor's by Constance...
My name is Connie and I'm from Perry, Ohio. I have a number of furry friends, including a poodle. I have been painting for over 30 years and always carry a camera with me. I've been teaching watercolor for seven years, and next month I will begin teaching acrylic also. This is my first Avant-Garde show!
I've always loved art. I loved to draw and color when I was small. When I was in high school, I spent most of my time in the art room. To me, painting is an adventure; you know the direction you're going, but things change along the way, so you never know where the journey will take you. 
The great outdoors inspires me. All I have to do is walk outside and see all of these wonders around us. From my furry friends, to trees and old barns, I'm inspired by all of it. I would like to think my work could help people bring the beauty of the outside into their homes.

Meet Nic and Megan from Bakery Creations...
Bakery Creations is currently based out of North Canton, Ohio, and specializes in brownies, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and pies! We create delicious desserts that are beautifully, yet simply decorated for all occasions! Our company consists of Megan, our Chief Decorating Officer, Zach, our Chief Operating Officer, and Nic, our Chief Baking Officer. The three of us share a passion for dessert and an entrepreneurial spirit. This will be our first Avant-Garde show!
Our passions for dessert and the American dream are what drive us to create each and every dessert. Almost everyone has their own special memories they associate their favorite dessert with, whether that's birthday parties growing up, or that favorite dessert grandma made you, desserts hit home for everyone. Recreating that feeling and putting a smile on someone's face when they sink their teeth into one of our hand-crafted desserts is what we live for. 
Our creative process can be described by our brand statement: sweet, simple, delicious. We use flavor combinations that are popular and unique, and make everything to taste. This means that we fully test each and every product that we sell to ensure that it's something we would want to eat ourselves!
The message behind our work is this: life is too short to enjoy anything but extraordinary dessert. Food is one of the deepest passions people share, there is no reason all food shouldn't be beautiful and delicious. 

Meet Ankur Dhasmana from Rudraksh...
My name is Ankur Dhasmana and I started making jewelry in 2012. This will be my first Avant-Garde show! Rudraksh is a seed traditionally used for prayer beads in Hinduism. A rudraksh is a rosary used for repetitive prayer and is a common aid to worship in Hinduism. Rudraksh is also used for the treatment of various diseases in traditional Indian medicines. Rudraksh is the one that has the ability to wipe out tears and provide happiness. Hence, the name Rudraksh for my love of making and creating handmade jewelry.
It gives me immense gratification when I sit down to create new pieces of treasures I love. I'm sure you will understand when you see my creations. Each is made with great focus on detail and individuality. I source my beads from different parts of the world and use old Tibetan beads, Jade, antique silver, gold plated beads, glass beads, and several others.
My jewelry is not only beautiful, but is also ideal to be worn with both ethnic and modern dresses. Each piece is very carefully priced to suit everyone's pocket. 

2016 Chagrin Falls Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show

Saturday & Sunday, March 19th and 20th, 2016
Saturday - 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Federated Church Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:


No comments:

Post a Comment