Thursday, March 8, 2018

Chagrin Falls Shoppers, Get Ready for the Avant-Garde Show this Weekend!

Meet Nawar Allami from Nawar Art...
I am blessed to do what I love the most in life which is Art, Although I am a grade student in the field of Biochemistry at Kent State University. My art is completely internally driven. It is about my emotions and passions of the moment. I personally think all great art is produced this way, whether it is Realism, Abstract, Impressionism or any other school of art. I would like to acknowledge that my father, who is a talented artist himself, gets a lot of credit in teaching me doing all aspects of arts and how to improve myself to become a better artist.
I been doing art since I was two years old; that is when I was able to hold a colored pencil in my hand. Throughout all my years however, this will be my very first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show! The amount of influences that can affect the nature and creativity of any artist’s work is countless. Therefore, to pinpoint a true inspiration is difficult, to say. However, the least I can say what inspired me is my persistence to do a better job in the next project every time I finish one.

A painting, sculpture, poem, piece of music, or other product of the creative arts, especially one with strong imaginative or aesthetic appeals me so that is what got me into this hobby. I didn't go into this hobby expecting any amazing results. As any kid, I mostly just wanted to learn some basics, make things that my parents and friends would tell me looked good! So I kept enjoying entertain myself

every time I work on any artistic project, not knowing that continuing perusing this path will led to develop my skills and make me better every time I finish any piece of art work. So, mission was accomplished!
A good, effective creative process does not need to be extensive, and all it could take are simple steps. The first step is to specifically deal with processes in the most basic, fundamental manner, like you will be doing them for the first time. This should allow you to run through the entire process and see which items need working on. The second step would be to make the process iterative. This means that you will need to adjust the processes according to new conditions and changes. Not adjusting processes to the new conditions would get you left behind, which eventually would make your work suffer, as well!

Somehow, I would like soon to turn a hobby into a profession and then into a lifestyle. One of the things I always wanted is to open an art gallery. The message I want to convey behind my work is Art is a word, and words and concepts change their meaning through time. So, Art is something you
could excel at through practice and challenging work.

Meet Kelly Beck from Turning Leaves...
I am a lifelong Clevelander...and wouldn't willingly live anywhere else! I have been working on this particular craft for about three years, but I have been creative for over 30 years. This will be my first time at the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show in Chagrin Falls. When asked what inspires me to work...I say it's just ingrained in my brain - it's the way my brain works. I began this hobby because of my love of painting, but I never knew I had much talent, I just learn from trial and error! I always say, "go with it when you are creative, when not feeling creative, don't push it. Be organized." That's my creative process.  My message to people is that there is great beauty in small things, and subtle is better. 

Meet Lauren McCaulley from L. Photography...
I am a Nurse Practitioner from the Cleveland area.  I am married and enjoy traveling...and taking pictures! I have enjoyed taking pictures for as long as I can remember.  I became really interested in photography in high school, but took a break for a few years.  Three years ago, I found all of my old photography equipment in the closet, and my interest was rejuvenated! 
This will be my first time at the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. I love to share the beauty of our world with others, through my eyes, and usually with a different perspective. I have always enjoyed crafting, especially scrapbooking.  Most recently, my husband encouraged me to share my work with others! I really began my love for photography when I was in high school, I am happy I now have the time to pursue photography. I would describe my creative process quite simply, as me trying to capture natural beauty, history, architecture and candid moments.

Five years from now, I'd love to still be pursuing photography and sharing my love with others!

Meet Joslyn Fecik from Ubuntu...
I'm originally from Solon, Ohio but moved to NYC after completing a degree in Fashion Design at Kent State University. I currently work as a clothing designer in NYC and design Ubuntu, my jewelry line, on the side to raise money for my five kids at an orphanage in Haiti. 

I have been making jewelry for 2 and a half years. This will be my first Avant-Garde show!

What inspires me to create..  I am constantly creating and it's something I just naturally do because I absolutely love it. I have to say, though, that my kids in Haiti are my driving inspiration behind the line. 
How I got into my hobby... After visiting Haiti in 2015, I wanted to support the children I met there at Gertrude's Orphanage in Port Au Prince. I didn't have much extra money but I had a lot of beads from and old jewelry making hobby. It started with one bracelet and Ubuntu was born!

How I discovered my talent.. I started making jewelry around age 7 or 8 and have just continued working on it of and on since then! I've definitely experienced the most growth in the 2 and a half years since starting Ubuntu. 
My creative process.. I buy a bunch of beads, sit with Netflix on in the background and dream up the most beautiful things I can think of. I love anything that feels like a mermaid would wear it, or things that you'd wear in the summer so those are always driving forces behind the designs. 

My give year goal is to definitely work full time for my business! 

Overall, the message behind my work is it's better to give than to receive! 
Image result for avant garde art and craft show

2018 Chagrin Falls Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday and Sunday, March 10-11th 2018
Saturday- 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Federated Church-Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Road
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

1 comment: