Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Creative Creations in Chagrin Falls

Meet Wendy Narad from O.M.G. I Gotta Have That!...
Hi! I'm Wendy, and my sister-in-law and I are behind O.M.G. I Gotta Have That! We've been sisters-in-law for over 20 years now. We both have full time employment, but our dream is to have our own art gallery and create art full time! We've been doing our art pieces and table line together for two years now.
We started creating art together as a form of stress-relief and for fun. Much to our delight, others loved our work and began buying it! So, we were inspired to continue creating and sharing our creations with others. 
We discovered our talent when we were gardening and decided to make a bird's nest out of normal metal plant hangers. We turned every day boring metal baskets into beautiful, unique plant hangers. Once we got inspired, we kept coming up with more and more ideas together. 
We love finding random items and figuring out how to give them a new purpose. We may see something that is a complete "nothing" and create something awesome! Even in the old and sometimes seemingly useless, there is a hidden and unexpected treasure waiting to be discovered.

Meet Rosanne from RSquared Limited Edition...
Hi! I'm Rosanne and I'm a long-time Cleveland area resident. I'm married with two grown children and I'm a banker by day and beader/crafter by night! I'm loving life! I have been seriously beading for about five years and this will be my third Avant-Garde show!
I've been crafting since I was a small child. I remember making Christmas ornaments when I was young, my mom still uses them on her tree! My dad always bought me all sorts of craft kits, which I used to teach myself a variety of crafts. Many of those skills still come in handy with the different jewelry techniques I use today. 
I'm inspired by everything around me. I'm kind of eclectic in my jewelry making. Today I might be into leather or paracord and tomorrow resin or crocheting. I come up with an idea, gather the materials, and then make adjustments until the piece fits my vision. Combining color theory with breaking the rules seems to be a good way to describe my process!
My message is that anything is possible; have fun with it. One of my favorite things is making custom pieces for people. You really get to be creative for that person, providing a unique opportunity to be inspired by another person. I have broad interests and I try all sorts of things regularly. I don't like to stick to one technique so my work varies.

Meet Megan Gunter from Go To Cookie...
Hi! I'm Megan and I'm the owner of Go To Cookie. All through school, art was very important to me, but right after high school. I decided I wanted to take a different direction so I became a cake decorator. I took a variety of pastry courses to help better my skills. I have two main supporters in my life, my customers, who keep me motivated and keep my passion alive, and my husband, who has allowed me to stay home full time to focus on my dream.
I have been baking for as long as I can remember, but I've only been in the cookie business for a little over a year. I opened my business on Etsy back in 2015 and was pleasantly surprised by the positive reactions to my products. This will be my first show of any kind! I'm excited to put myself out there and connect locally!
I am inspired by everything really, colors, scents, even objects. Ideas are constantly flowing through my mind. During certain seasons, I tend to have more productivity for designs, as I get excited to bring new items to my customers for the holidays.
The message behind my work is a simple one: Homemade because you're worth it. I want to allow customers to experience artful cookies and homemade goods at an affordable price.

Meet Christine Hespen from The Chris Co...
Hi! I'm Christine and I'm a born and raised Clevelander! I obtained a Fine Arts degree from BGSU in 2004, with a focus in photography. Since college, I've been working in corporate America and working in the arts as a hobby. I've been creating jewelry for 10+ years, but I took a 2 year hiatus and started back up this year!
Bright, vivid color that surrounds us in this world truly is what inspires me. I love to take a color (or colors) and create a piece that can make me feel just as excited as when I first see a great color in our environment.
I found out I had talent when it came to making jewelry when I watched what others created and tried to copy their pieces. Once I started making my own variations of what I saw other doings, I realized it came easily to me.
The message behind my work is that, sometimes, simplicity is best. Also, sometimes there isn't a message, and that's okay!

Meet Sonja Jones from The Pup Artist...
Hi! I'm Sonja and I'm the owner of The Pup Artist. While I've always had an interest in drawing, I am relatively new to painting, having just started in 2014 after I received an acrylic paint set as a gift. 
My first attempts at painting were of my dachshund, Smudge, and all the wonderful wildlife in the backyard of my suburb Cleveland area home. Soon, friends and family were requesting portraits of their pets too, and thus, my business was born.
When I'm not painting commissioned pet portraits, I go back to painting the neighborhood wildlife. Animals are still my favorite subjects, and I always start my paintings with the eyes - they're so soulful and can really convey their character.
A day seems empty now if I don't have some sort of painting underway. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to paint, and I hope others enjoy viewing my work as much as I enjoy creating it.   

2016 Chagrin Falls Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday & Sunday, December 10th and 11th, 2016
Saturday - 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Federated Church Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment