Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Perfect Gifts for the Holidays!

Meet  Janice T. Filipski, BFA from Plank House Art Studio - "Where Art is My Yoga & Creativity"...
It’s simple:  I love working with my hands, it gives me peace.  Creativity blooms naturally in me and I have been a creative creature all my life. For the past 7 years I have been transforming simple beads and metal into little moveable earring sculptures and other body art.  The textures in nature inspire me to create unique earrings, bracelets and necklaces forged out of solid sterling silver, copper, pewter, brass and semi-precious stones.  

Jewelry can be to the wearer: an amulet, a talisman, or just something fun to wear, an accoutrement.  It can be a wonderful gift to document a moment in time; an expression of love, gratitude, healing, an achievement, an anniversary and friendship.  It can be something special between the giver and receiver. I would love you to have a piece of my timeless, unique jewelry to wear, to gift, to help celebrate every day and every occasion in your life.

Meet Barb Bardall from Bella Jewelry and Design..
I am a mother of 3 wonderful children.  Two are out on there own and our last one is in college.  So I am an empty nester.  I am married to a wonderful man who doesn't mind I am in my craft room every night all night.  I work a full time job so crafting is my relaxing outlet.

My day job is very stressful full of negative issues that I have to deal with all day.  When I craft I can be creative and there is not one person who is negative about my crafts.  My crafts have become like my little babies I love them all and there are days I don't want to part with any of them. I love color I love putting simple things together that become beautiful items.
I started because I am an empty nester and I needed something to do with myself.  I come from a very long line of quilt makers but I just could not quilt , no skill for quilting.  I know I have a skill I just had to keep looking for something I love.  I love jewely and I love wine so doing both crafts just seem natural.

My creative process... I am always looking at things and saying, what could I make with that.  I look at everything to see if I could make a piece of jewelry and maybe even a decorative item for the house.
My five year goal... My dream is to open my own shop.  I love so many things I would love to share them with everyone.  If that will ever happen is another thing but for now I have my etsy site and I can display for favorite items on the site.

The message behind my work.. Just love life and love yourself.  If a beautiful bracelet makes your plane turtle neck look awesome where it.  If you love lots of bling where it.  There are no rules for what you love and if you love it go for it.

Meet Simone Lindsay from Simi Lindsay...
Simi Lindsay Luxury Scented Soy Candles are made with 100% natural eco soy wax, a natural wooden wick made from organic wood or 100% cotton wicks, and high quality phtalate free fragrance oils, assuring you receive a cleaner burning, longer lasting, richly scented soy candle. Our candles are non-toxic, eco-friendly and water soluble. Since the candles are made with natural ingredients, the containers can be safely repurposed after cleaning with soap and hot water. SIMI LINDSAY brand Soy candles are a green, healthy choice for sharing and enjoying your favorite scents.

I have always been very interested in arts and crafts and I got inspired by another candle maker in Pennsylvania. I wanted to create candles with unique scents and with the environment in mind.
The creative process is to hand select each fragrance and to develop a candle that is handcrafted one at a time.

I will see the business growing as an online business and wholesale business to other businesses by offering private label options.

My message is to create clean, eco friendly products that are enjoyed by people.

2015 Chagrin Falls Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday & Sunday, December 12th and 13th, 2015
Saturday - 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Federated Church Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment