Friday, September 11, 2015

'Twas the Night Before Chagrin Falls!

Meet Barbara Stiebeling from BGS Designs...
My love of drawing, especially portraits, started at an early age. Over the years I have taken coursework and workshops to advance my knowledge and skills and have produced most of my work in the medium of chalk pastel.  Formally educated as a nurse with a Master’s Degree in my field, I began early retirement in 2014 in order to concentrate on those things I love: my dogs, my art, my writing.  Over the past ten years or so, I discovered the joys of beading and now spend much of my time looking for unique beads and combining them in creative ways.  I absolutely love designing jewelry!

I have been “doodling” since childhood.  Whenever I had a pencil or pen in my hand, it would not be long before I had produced a profile portrait or some other work of “art”.  Jewelry designing came much later, but it is an enormously creative process that I thoroughly enjoy, while still working in pastel and other media to paint and draw.
Many things inspire me to create….an interesting face, nature, someone else’s work of art or a unique perspective or thought. I have always looked for ways to be creative and have simply tried different things over the years.  So, I would say that the desire was innate and ever evolving.

I believe people are born with different talents.  Creative talents are enhanced through skill development and therefore as I improved my skills, I became more confident in my talents.
How I describe my creative process.. I begin with a vision…something I have seen or something I have imagined.  The process moves on from there, whether it is carried out with chalk, paint, beads or words….a transformation takes place that is guided by intuitive energy rather than a step-by-step process.

Where I see myself in five years... I believe I will continue to travel along this creative journey for many years to come.  Most probably I will continue with my current passions, but may have found new creative outlets as well.

There are no hidden messages in my work.  I strive to create something that satisfies my vision.  If I’m lucky, that end product will resonate with others, although, it is the accomplishment that brings satisfaction, first and foremost.

Meet John Richards from Northcoast Bottle Openers...
I'm a husband, father and grandfather who has a Associates degree in Electronic Engineering Technology and I like to build things!  I've been doing the bottle openers for about 3 years.

What inspires me to create.. I like the challenge to create something that is cool and people would like. I got started on my craft when I saw a similar item and thought I could do that! After trial and error, and trying out a few pieces, the business took off from there!
My creativity in inspired from just about anything that can be repurposed into my product! 

My goal in five years? Hopefully still having fun and getting paid to do it! There is no big message behind our work, just that our products are for people to use and have fun with!

Meet Lee Ann Young from Fantastic Bows...
 I am a married working mom of two beautiful girls who mean everything to me. I started crafting to create something for my oldest daughter that I couldn't find in stores or anywhere else. I work at my business each evening and on the weekends when I am not at work! I have now been doing it for eight years!   
I discovered my craft when I couldn't find something for my daughters that I envisioned. It was then that  I decided to try it myself and was surprised I could make what I wanted for them! My creative process is inspired by when i get new supplies so i find myself envisioning pieces and want to start creating right away!      
In five years my goal is to make this my full time work. I love my current job, but I want to be able to create something and have it be mine and stand behind that work full time!

The message behind my work is that all girls are beautiful and that my bows reflect their individual style!

2015 Chagrin Falls Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, September 12th and Sunday, September 13th 2015
Saturday - 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Federated Church Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:





No comments:

Post a Comment