Saturday, December 10, 2016

It's Show Weekend!

Meet Kelly Kozlowski from WarblerGirl Bags...
I'm a married mother of a young son, living in Geauga County. I currently work full time in sales. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Media Technology and a Master of Science degree in Biology. I am an avid birdwatcher, which is often evident in my handcrafted items.
I've been sewing for over 25 years, since I was a teenager. I've sewn clothing, drapery, pillows, placemats, and more Halloween costumes than I can remember for my nieces, nephews, and my son.
I found bag making and started sewing them two years ago. Now, there is never a time I don't have a bag in progress. It's a wonderful outlet for me because a bag is a short-term project, only requiring three to five hours in my often interrupted daily life!
I have recently invested in two industrial machines, one to handle fabric layers and the other to sew leather. I love mixing and matching the colors, prints, pattern, and textures of the leathers and fabrics. 

Meet Emily Mueller from Mueller Honey Bee...
Mueller Honey Bee started in 2013 with the purpose of saving the bees. We learned that there aren't any companies local to Ohio with the ability to cut honey bees from structures they have inhabited. Our goal was to save the bees and also help people remove large colonies they have been dealing with for many years. All the honey purchased from our business is to help us buy more equipment and save more bees.
Our business started in 2013 with a simple swarm removal in Hartville, Ohio, but the following year we increased to 20 hives. Every year we grow a little, breed our genetics, and help local beekeepers increase their populations. 
Saving bees means we are saving out future. One out of every three bites of food we ingest at every meal is possible due to honey bees. If we do not increase our populations, we will continue to risk our food supply and the cost of living will continue to increase. 
We hope to eventually supply a large number of honey bee colonies to other beekeepers with Ohio winter surviving genetics. We also hope to eventually have a store front where people can buy various products like our raw honey, bee bread, and propolis items. Save the bees!

Meet Jerica Hoffman from Jerica's Jems...
My profession is physical therapy, but I have loved making beaded jewelry for most of my life. I am married, have three dogs, and live in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. This will be my first Avant-Garde show!
I first learned at the age of eight how to make Native American beaded earrings from an elder woman at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. I was hooked and made my mom buy me beads, and my addiction grew from there.
I get inspiration from current and recent trends in fashion jewelry, but I also pull from nature and classic timeless styles that will never go out of style. I love color and mixing different colors and styles. Sometimes it starts with just one bead and builds from there. 
I have always needed some sort of creative outlet in my life and have taken many art classes, but I have always loved everything about jewelry. So having the chance to learn the traditional beading of the Native Americans got me interested in the culture and beautiful things they create, as well as how they find their inspiration.



2016 Chagrin Falls Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday & Sunday, December 10th and 11th, 2016
Saturday - 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Federated Church Family Life Center
16349 Chillicothe Rd.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment